Join the BEERWORKS team as a Kitchen Manager
We are looking for an experienced person for our FENWAY location to lead BEERWORKS' professional kitchen team and help provide the best experience to our guests!
BEERWORKS is a local institution that has been successfully operating in and around Boston since 1992. We've grown from that original location to locations North, South and West of Boston.
Join us and enjoy a great team environment!
The ideal candidate must have working knowledge of all parts of the cooking process as will as a strong grasp of business management concepts [ie: labor & food cost, inventory, ordering]
BEERWORKS Kitchen Managers must:
- Have 2+ years of BOH management experience, high volume experience taking preference
- Have 5+ years off full service restaurant experience
- Have current ServSafe Manager Certification and Allergy Awareness Certificate
- Can implement, educate and maintain HACCP standards throughout kitchen
- Have skills in multiple stations (Grill, Saute, Fry, Oven, Cold)
- Be able to follow recipes and prepare "prep items" for their station and the kitchen as a whole
- Have good work habits and follow standards (including sanitation, cleaning, set up and break down)
- Ability to train, teach and grow staff
- Ability to implement and maintain company standards and systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and computer skills. [must have solid working knowledge of MS Office, and specifically ability to utilize spreadsheets]
- Strong command of restaurant financials [Payroll/Labor Cost, Food Cost]
- Unrestricted work schedule. [work week expected to include nights and weekends and public holidays, etc.]
- Enjoy food and working as a team
- Be physically capable of standing for extended periods of time and performing continuous bending, reaching, twisting and use of hands and arms.
Why you should apply:
Great atmosphere, Great beer forward culture
Flexible scheduling is available for full-time and part-time work. Full time employment grants you compensation that will include a competitive base pay and comprehensive benefits including health & dental insurance, vacation, holidays, and a 401k with a company match!
Our goal is simple - to be the best and we feel that starts with the best team!I
If you are a positive, energetic person with high standards we want you on our team!