Join the BEERWORKS team as a Chef/Sous Chef.
We are looking for an experienced person for our CANAL location to lead BEERWORKS' professional kitchen staff and prepare our fully scratch menu.
BEERWORKS is a local institution that has been successfully operating in and around Boston since 1992. We've grown from that original location to locations North, South and West of Boston.
Join us and enjoy a great team environment and tremendous professional growth opportunities. Flexible scheduling is available for full-time and part-time work. We have a generous benefits package for full-time employees.
The ideal candidate must have a strong grasp of cooking methods and be able to multi-task to round out our team.
BEERWORKS Chefs/Sous Chefs must:
- Have 1+ years of BOH management experience in a comparable size operation [minimum $1.0 mm in annual food sales] or longer/multiple Chef jobs in smaller operations [which must be full-service American cuisine].
- Have 5+ years of scratch cooking experience
- Have skills in multiple stations (Grill, Saute, Fry, Oven, Cold)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and computer skills. [must have solid working knowledge of MS Office, and specifically ability to utilize spreadsheets]
- Strong command of restaurant financials.
- Ability to implement and maintain company standards and systems.
- Unrestricted work schedule. [work week expected to include nights and weekends and public holidays, etc.]
- Be able to follow recipes and prepare "prep items" for their station and the kitchen as a whole
- Have good work habits and follow standards (including sanitation, cleaning, set up and break down)
- Enjoy food and working as a team
- Be physically capable of standing for extended periods of time and performing continuous bending, reaching, twisting and use of hands and arms.
Why you should apply:
Great atmosphere, Great beer forward culture
Compensation will include a competitive base pay and comprehensive benefits including health & dental insurance, vacation, holidays, and a 401k with a company match!
Our goal is simple - to be the best and we feel that starts with the best team!I
f you are a positive, energetic person with high standards we want you on our team!